Wednesday, May 22, 2013

But when you've had too much of the best...

... the best just doesn't seem to cut it anymore.

And that's how it kinda feels to be on a stringent diet.
I think I'm beginning to get withdrawal symptoms.
Or maybe I'm just looking at food blogs at the wrong hour of the day.

But the thing is, recently I've been reserving my indulgent days for luxurious foods.
And when I say luxurious, I mean buffets at hotels and resorts and whatnots.
I mean, indulgent days happen only once a week,
and for the past month, all my indulgent days I have concerned myself with feeding myself the best of sinful foods.

Take Mother's Day for example.
Of course, I am no mother,
but celebrations cannot possibly only involve the mother herself, no?
We went for a buffet breakfast at Promenade Hotel.
O to the M to the G.
Pancakes, toasted croissants, roti canai with curry, miniature steaks,
basically everything hearty and fattening and breakfasty imaginable.

Then of course, there was last Sunday,
when I was invited to sing at the Sunset Bar (omgomg inward scream!) with Asif, Rene & friends.
Boy, did I have a great time!
I mean, who wouldn't, if you were gonna sing while the sunset just looks this gorgeous?

And of course, being part of the band and all,
we were given the privilege of enjoying their buffet dinner for free!
(seriously. this singing business could be the end of my fitness efforts... =S)
So there you go. More indulging!

But the point is, I now kinda just wanna eat something normal.
Something like ramen noodles or something.
Something cheap and supposedly in the category of "everyday food".
Perhaps this week we can do that. 

Anywho, I am closer to my fitness goal than I have ever been before,
so it really isn't the time to lose sight of what I need to achieve.
They were right when they said the easiest time to give up is when you are closest to your goal though.
They were damn right.
It's so easy to be contented with half-assed results. 
BUT I AM PUSHING ON.

Shall we push on together?

Oh, and more singing news! 
This Sunday (26 May)  I'll be doing a gig at Langkah Syabas Beach Resort for their Sunday Lunch!
I heard they serve a good English roast!
Ha, more indulgence!

But life really is good.
I'm thanking God for all the opportunities I'm being presented with, 
and the people that I've been meeting.
So cool how things just begin to fit in, eh?

Tuning out,
Eilvane <3

No comments:

Post a Comment