Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Opportunities...

... present themselves to people who are ready to take them.

And boy, am I happy I happened to be ready.
This past weekend couldn't have been anymore fruitful.
Other than my usual Friday and Saturday gigs,
I was offered the opportunity to replace the lovely Annabel for her gig on Gaya Island Resort.

My, oh my.

Not only did I get to work with another great musician,
(positively my newest keyboard guy crush)
I also got to enjoy simply being at such an amazing place.
The resort boasts an amazing architectural concept: indoors-outdoors.
Basically, half the time you're not even sure if you're indoors or outdoors.
It was lovely, singing to people, overlooking the sea.

I was crazy nervous to begin with, though.
Perhaps the OCD control freak in me didn't feel quite settled with the fact that I have never had a single practice or run-through with this particular keyboardist.
You had no idea how badly I thought I would screw it up.

One set later though, and I finally could shut the inner control freak up, and learned how to relax.
Ed is amazing.
He makes it easy to follow him,
yet has his way of making black and white notes sound like a musical kaleidoscope.
I am deeply honoured to have worked with him.
I hope the honourable feeling is mutual, yikes.

Follow me on Instagram: @eilvane

T'was a great weekend, great enough to chase the Monday blues away.
And well. Though it's yet another dreary weekday,
no reason to stop having a song in your heart, eh?

Singing inwardly,
Eilvane <3

No comments:

Post a Comment