Sunday, August 26, 2012

Songs then, songs now...

Sometimes, listening to songs from a generation before is a great change.
Cuz instead of industrialised and repetitively sticky beats combined with atrocious lyrics,
songs from the past actually sing of real love, real romance.
Not the "can I get yoh numbah baybeh/ blow my whistle baybee, whistle baybee" shit,
but real, poignant, true-to-the-heart lyrics.

"and when all hope is gone I'm here,
no matter how far you are, I'm near"

And I guess that's the draw to old school stuff for me.
Music that's well-written, real, to the heart.
Very few artists have that today.

But I must admit, despite having oldies on my playlist,
I still have our conventional, day-to-day music.
Jason Mraz happens to be one of my favourites.
Though he's very widely-listened to,
but his fame is well-deserved.

"Maybe I annoy you with my choices,
but you annoy me sometimes too with your voice;
but that ain't enough for me to move out and move on,
I'm just gonna love you like the woman I love. "

So simple, yet so real.

I could go on, really.
But this blog post is not so much about making a point.
It's just about how I feel.

And I feeeeeeeeeeeeeel gooood, tadatadatadata
I knew that I would, tadatadatadata!

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment