Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Versatility? Uniqueness?

Age-old debate?
Or perhaps, an age-old discrepancy I myself have been dealing with.
Do I aim to be versatile, or do I just focus on a certain genre of music?

Many a time I've been asked, "so what songs dyu do exactly? Like, what kinda songs dyu perform?"

And I'd be like... "uh, anything?"
Cuz my repertoire (a limited one too) consists of songs that range from Complicated by Avril, to Don't Know Why by Norah Jones. Or some older school stuff, like Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis. Oh dear me.

And then there's my playlist.
Which, at the moment, Stevie Wonder is taking anchor.
Or Abba.
Goodness gracious.

See that's perhaps one of those things about being a performer I need to learn.
Do I suit the audience, or do I get so good that my audience gravitates to me?

Maybe it's a balance of both.

Ah, but what am I rambling on and on about.
We shall wait for a time when I actually get to perform in front of an audience.

Cuz maybe experience is the best teacher.
So then, maybe we'll all find that balance, somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment